Tuesday, January 16, 2018

A poem about a Skeleton and his little girl

I borrowed a drugstore skeleton for a project and when I returned him I included this poem rolled up and stuck in his mouth for his owner to find.



Hello I'm Mr skeleton
They call me Skelz because it's fun
Hair and skin, well I've got none
But bones you bet I got a ton!

My life  was pretty crude before
but since that fateful day no more
She walked into my life that day
Halloween sale underway

“Look here dad it's my new best friend…
I'll call him Mr skeleton.
He'll come with me to school today
And then we'll talk the night away.”

The kids they loved me, Dubbed me Skelz
They joked that I came straight from hell
To call my fellow demons home
No more imposter teacher clones!

It was the best day of my life
and even of my death so far
Because that day was the first time
Cricket saw me really shine

Since that very first school day
We laugh and talk, create and play
Or we can just hang out for hours
Me awed by all her super powers

For one she's kind - like really nice
And if I could eat I'd love her rice!
She's funny too; I Laugh so hard
Best artist in her class by far

Her theater skills rate excellent
behind the scenes, money well spent
Her credits grow both long and wide
Oscar and Emmy wait in line

But her best power is her heart
It's super human ...wicked smart
so strong no matter what the stunt
Steadfast and true, but rarely blunt

I'm sad I was away so long
Doing the work for hearts less strong
But now I'm back and proud to be

By Cricket’s side for eternity


1 comment: